- Effective bioremediation achieved in low permeability soils at a retail dry cleaner in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- cDCE stall corrected within 8 months of bioaugmentation, with no vinyl chloride accumulation.
- Ontario regulatory standards (Table 3) were achieved for all chlorinated volatile organic compounds (cVOCs) approximately 1.5 years after KB-1® bioaugmentation.
- Client: Terraprobe Inc.
- Site Location: Greater Toronto Area
- Project Duration: 2012-2014
- Services Provided:
- KB-1® Bioaugmentation
- Gene-Trac® Testing
An active retail dry cleaner required groundwater remediation activities that were non-disruptive to the current occupants and adjacent parking areas. The silty sand subsurface materials were low permeability (hydraulic conductivity of 10-7m/s). The groundwater contained low concentrations of PCE (tetrachloroethene