Anaerobic Injection Water Preparation
KB-1® Primer is used to prepare anaerobic water to disperse electron donors and protect anaerobic cultures during bioaugmentation injections into aquifers. Prior to KB-1® Primer, production of anaerobic water was time consuming, often produced water with solids that required filtration and had pH impacts. KB-1® Primer is an easy to use and time efficient product to facilitate anaerobic conditions during remediation injections.
SiREM specializes in the growth of microbial cultures that promote dechlorination of chlorinated solvents and mineralization of benzene. These cultures are strictly anaerobic, which can present challenges when large volumes of electron donor and amendments are to be injected with aerobic water, and/or the aquifer is non-reducing. At SiREM our primary focus is helping our clients inject our culture in the safest and most effective way possible. SiREM’s KB-1® Primer product produces reducing conditions in a timely manner and does not adversely impact SiREM’s bioaugmentation culture activity or viability.
Use KB-1® Primer to:
- Rapidly prepare anaerobic water from municipal water supplies
- Inject anaerobic bioaugmentation cultures and electron donor simultaneously
- Save money on lengthy tank rentals/incubation periods
KB-1® Primer: Safe and Simple to Use
- Conveniently packaged in foil pouches or buckets
- Easily dissolved; no need to filter water
- Works within hours of application in most water types
- Prepare anaerobic water even at low temperatures
Anaerobic injection water prepared with KB-1® Primer meets the following criteria:
- ORP less than -75 mV
- pH between 6 and 8
- Provides the conditions to maintain healthy microbial populations