Duane Graves, Ph.D., (Tennessee) will present “Emerging Chemicals and Pathogens of Concern – Product Testing, Development, Pathway to Uncomplicate Market Challenges” during a panel session at XPAND2022, the annual meeting of the Household & Commercial Products Association in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, December 4 through 7, 2022.
Mark Heaney, Geosyntec Consultants (New York) will moderate the session and Duane Graves will present as part of the panel. They will be available at the Geosyntec/SiREM exhibitor’s table for questions and networking.
Duane Graves is a Senior Principal Scientist based in Tennessee with more than 30 years of experience focused on environmental biotechnology; environmental forensics; in situ groundwater, soil, and sediment remediation; evaluation of airborne biological contaminants; and remediation of groundwater in karst formations.
HCPA’s annual meeting, XPAND2022, offers an opportunity for attendees to learn about and engage on the public policy issues that impact the household and commercial products industry. Thought leaders will discuss legislative and regulatory issues and share information related to product registrations, sustainability, and industry trends.
HCPA is the premier trade association representing companies that make and sell products used for cleaning, protecting, maintaining, and disinfecting homes and commercial environments.
Key Takeaways for Audience:
- Overview of current uses and functions of orthophthlates within the formulated products industry and challenges/opportunities for alternatives to orthophthalates.
- Understand linkages among regulatory/legal landscape, product development, and laboratory testing capabilities and methods for novel and emerging product types and pathogen claims.
- Insight on future potential risk of a product reliant on plasticizers in commerce
- Evaluation and liabilities of emerging chemicals of concern as they relate to cleaning products and pesticides, test methods for detection, and risk implications associated with adult versus child exposures
- Focus on laboratory planning and consultation with innovative cleaning and pesticide products
- Lessons learned from recent experience with administrative authorities on development, testing, and registration focused on innovative product formulations, configurations, and pathogens.
- Emerging needs for the analysis of finished packaging materials for the reasonable exposure potential to ingredients of concern, their leachability and bioavailability.
About the event: HCPA Events – Events and Conference Info (thehcpa.org)
About HCPA: We Are | HCPA (thehcpa.org)
For consultation regarding emerging chemicals or pathogens, contact Duane at DGraves@Siremlab.com.
Learn more about Duane: https://www.geosyntec.com/people/duane-graves